Thursday, May 24, 2007

Must be the weather

The local sports scene has been decidedly ho-hum the last little while. Sure, that'll change next weekend when the Saskatchewan Roughriders open training camp. And yes, Regina is currently hosting a national championship (gymnastics). But, much like the constant rain the past couple of days, the sports scene in general is rather blah these days. Maybe it's the calm before the storm. One can only hope.

Uber-pest Derek Dorsett scored last night to give Medicine Hat a 1-0 victory over Vancouver, and a direct path to Sunday's Memorial Cup final. Dorsett is a less offensively gifted version of Darcy Tucker. Mind you, I don't think Tucker ever bit an opponent - not that I know of, anyway.

Apparently LeBron James was worth all the hype. I really dislike the Detroit Pistons.

If Anaheim wins the Stanley Cup, will Brian Burke's ego form a black hole and swallow up the rest of our solar system? Does anyone else gag when they try to say "The Ottawa Senators. Canada's team."?

Jacob is sporting an .818 batting average, while his Little League team has only one win in six games. This must be what Carl Yastrzemski's dad felt like.

I think my boy is taking me to Boston Pizza for my birthday this weekend. Shh! Mum's the word.

No comments: