Friday, May 18, 2007

Idle thoughts

Why not, everyone else is going with this format today!

  • The first long weekend of the summer season is upon us! So, of course rain is in the forecast.
  • The Senior Rookie Orioles have two games scheduled this weekend. Can Jacob Paczko maintain his torrid .857 batting average? Why haven't the scouts been calling yet?
  • Have we already had our long weekend gas price hike, or is one more in store today?
  • Are oil company executives really rat bastards?
  • Speaking of, has anyone jumped on board the Ottawa Senators bandwagon? I'm pulling for Anaheim, because of the Regina (Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz) and London (Corey Perry) connections.
  • I'd love to see Vancouver and Medicine Hat square off in the Memorial Cup final, but the Plymouth Whalers are capable of steamrolling teams - should be a great tournament.
  • Charles "Turnstile" Thomas has been released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Now who will BC's Brent Johnson run up his sack totals on?
  • Well placed sources suggest Pats netminder Linden Rowat will be selected in the first round of the NHL entry draft - likely by the Edmonton Oilers.
  • I bit the bullet and traded in the PlayStation2 for an XBox 360. Now my boy can kick my butt in high definition! Sweet...
  • And speaking of big ticket purchases, only nine days left until my birthday - don't leave it until the last minute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete, hows is going? I have been reading the blog faithfully but we are kinda between sports right now. It will pick up soon.

Is it just me or do I sense that the Red Wings get the benefit of a couple of calls per game, sometimes very weak ones at that. The frequently get real shaky 5 on 3's etc etc. I am with you on Annaheim for the very reasons you stated. I like teams with lots of Canadian guys. Hope they end it tomorrow night.

The teams at the mem Cup are all very close in my mind. The last time we seen domination was the London Knights, and maybe before that Kelowna or Kamloops of the Darcy Tucker era. Most of the games end up close and often settled by a single goal. I think this thing is still wide open.

Pac58 said...

Hey! No kidding, we're definitely "between sports" in this neck of the woods!

Medicine Hat sure put the boots to Plymouth last night. I'm surprised the Ontario champs are getting outclassed at the Mem Cup. The other three teams look pretty evenly matched, though.

I think the Red Wings get the officiating version of Safeway's seniors discount.