Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday musings

Technical issues appear to have been resolved, so let's get posting!

  • Old pal Rod Pedersen has driven the MBMs into a frenzy with a remark about the future of Regina sports radio on his blog today. Attaboy!
  • I know what the big announcement is, but I've been sworn to secrecy! Although I can say that anyone hoping for Rod's departure from the local airwaves will be disappointed.
  • Actually, I guess there are two announcements coming. Stay tuned!
  • Big changes are supposedly coming to SportZone by this fall. I look forward to finding out what that means.
  • I wonder how the search for a new Regina Pats general manager is going. And I wonder how much free reign the successful candidate will be given over the hockey operations department.
  • I ran my baseball coaching record to 1-0 on the season in yesterday's Major A Twins victory. I suppose I should retire now!
  • I'm sure the presence of the J-man on the bench (still on injured reserve after his surgery) helped inspire the troops to victory.
  • It looks as though the Paczko boys have been approved for dog ownership. I wonder how our crotchety old (he's 16) cat will respond? Should be fun.
  • Is tonight the night the season ends for the Montreal Canadians? A guy can hope, can't he?
  • Will San Jose's bubble burst in the next round, or are the Sharks the real deal this year?
  • $50 for one of the new Saskatchewan Roughrider licence plates from SGI. I guess you know what you can get me for my birthday now.
  • You didn't forget to call your mom yesterday, did you?
  • Any fans of morning cardio workouts around here? Is it true working out first thing in the morning trims more fat than doing cardio later in the day?
  • All that huffing and puffing on the treadmill this morning will be offset by a trip to WestSide Pizza with the boy tonight. But, it's a promise I made when he was in the hospital two weeks ago, so it has to be done.
  • Oh who am I kidding? Like you'd have to twist my arm to get me there!

4 comments:

Bev said...

Congrats on the dog! When do you get him?

You promised Jacob you'd huff and puff on the treadmill?? I commend him for putting your health over your sanity... :P

Pac58 said...

Hey!

Where have you been? I sent a couple of emails, but no response...(much sadness)

Bev said...

I haven't been anywhere important... and I'm afraid I didn't get your e-mails. I'm sorry. I would have responded if I had.

And I just checked, and they didn't wind up in the spambucket, either.

Stupid internet. When will we get the perfection they promised us in the 90s? :)

Pac58 said...

Good question! I sent you another one, so hopefully that made it through!