Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday thoughts

Another rainy weekend? Oh joy!

  • No Cheers and Jeers yesterday. I thought it might be bad karma to trash anyone on my birthday.
  • A thumbs up for Speedy Auto Glass on south Albert. They fixed the stone chip in my windshield quickly and very effectively. And SGI was kind enough to pay for it!
  • Every trip to Saskatoon (in spite of the chipped windshield) is made better by a stop at Fuddruckers. You just can't go wrong with two kinds of melted cheese.
  • Other than using the area rug in the living room as a toilet, Dexter the dog is adapting to life at the Paczko estate nicely.
  • At last count, he's done #2 once outside and inside the house three times since he's been with us. This is not a good ratio.
  • I thought Johnny Quinn was a pretty decent receiver for the Riders last year. Apparently the Riders thought differently!
  • Nine days until training camp starts. Can't wait!
  • It shouldn't be too much longer until the Regina Pats name their new general manager. No offense to ex-Warriors boss Chad Lang, who is still considered the front-runner, but I'm intriqued by the mention of Al Murray as a candidate.
  • The Major A Twins have an interim head coach (me) and a doubleheader tomorrow. Pray for rain!
  • Perhaps I should stop mixing laxatives in with the dog's food...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pete, check your email I sent you about baseball.