Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday thoughts

No animals were harmed during the testing of these thoughts:

  • It's time to see for myself how much the Regina Pats have improved in the past few weeks. I'll see if I can squeeze in with Rod and Al in the CKRM booth tonight.
  • How can you not get psyched for a home-and-home set with Moose Jaw?
  • I guarantee the Moose Javians in attendance will be loud and proud tonight. It'd be nice if the Pats fans drowned them out for once!
  • Is it too early to put up a few Christmas decorations this weekend? Not the tree, just a few smaller things around the house. Or is it too soon?
  • It sounds like there are only single tickets left for the CFL western final next weekend in Regina.
  • Would you go to a football game alone? I've done it, when the J-man bailed out (well, it wasn't actually him who bailed, but I digress) at the last minute. It's not the best scenario, that's for sure.
  • I think I'll be cheering for the Eskimos this weekend. They've already beaten the Riders twice at Mosaic Stadium this season. NO WAY are they gonna go three-for-three!
  • Seriously, can anyone stop the Montreal Alouettes?
  • Hurray for Regina's Paul Woldu, who scored his first CFL touchdown last week. Paul plays defensive back for the Als.
  • Well, it doesn't look like Toronto's NBA team will be a championship contender this year. Add the Raptors to the list with the Leafs, Blue Jays and Argos.
  • With the Rider playoff game still not a sellout, and plenty of tickets still available for the World Junior hockey tournament, I've been wondering: Should Regina be considered a great sports town?
  • Sure, the Riders do very well at the gate. But the Pats rarely fill the Brandt Centre, the Rams are lucky to get 2000 people to one of their games, and the other U of R teams average crowds in the dozens.
  • Maybe this is strictly a CFL city. Which would be too bad, actually.
  • Does every quarterback automatically suck as soon as they slip on a Chicago Bears jersey? Add Jay Cutler to the list.
  • As a diehard Packers fan, I want to hate Brett Favre. He's a Minnesota Viking, so I should hate Brett Favre. But, yet...part of me wonders if he has one more magical run left in him. I may even hope he does. Damn, I'm conflicted.
  • I hate Friday the 13th. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Bev said...

It's NEVER too early to put up Christmas decorations. Except in stores -- that kind of money-grubbing gets a little old after awhile. But Christmas decorations make a house look homey and comfortable.

And as for Friday the 13th -- it is what you make of it. Me, I like to throw superstition to the wind and treat it as any other day. Or maybe even spit in the wind of superstition and call it a lucky day. Oh, and black cats are good luck, especially if you make friends with them. Nothing wrong with having a black cat on your side. :)