Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday thoughts

Draining the brain on a snowy Friday:

  • Snow beats the heck out of freezing rain.
  • I expect Calgary and Montreal to win their respective CFL division finals this weekend.
  • A Grey Cup featuring Henry Burris vs Anthony Calvillo could be a heck of an airshow!
  • I didn't even know there were oblique muscles on our backs! Someone I found a way to strain mine.
  • It'll be interesting to see what the Regina Pats learned from that one-sided loss to Calgary this week.
  • The play of Jordan Weal and Matt Strueby has to rank as the best surprise of the WHL season so far for Pats fans. Or is that two surprises?
  • Do you think the global economic downturn will nix any hope of Regina getting a new football stadium? Sure hope not. Mosaic Stadium really is a dump.
  • My hair stylist tried to convince me to go with a bit of a faux hawk this time around. That was a short-lived discussion.
  • Interesting times over at Access Communications. Very interesting indeed.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is so interesting about Access Communications?.....you can't leave readers hanging like that Pete.

Pac58 said...

Sure I can!

Let's just say that appears to be an organization that is in a constant state of flux. Especially the part of the organization I deal with, the production department.

Anonymous said...

It's always been that way, and I had posted the reasons why a couple months ago.

There is an interesting article, but unfortunately I can't remember where I read it. It was titled, "Psycopaths in the Workplace". Without getting into details we all know the criminal definition of a Psycopath. Without the criminal element this article alludes to how people in organizations can demonstrate psychopatic behavior. It's basically a complete disregard for others emotions, safety or well being. On the surface they appear to care with their community involvement etc., but when it comes to the internal employees they would sacrifice them in two seconds. When I read that article I immediately thought of Access Communications CEO and his cohorts.

Very interesting, and I think you can appreciate that I will not sign my name.

Pac58 said...

Your description fits with all the information I've received anecdotally. Which is really unfortunate.

Anonymous said...

What's a faux hawk?

Bev

Pac58 said...

A hairstyle I have no interest in wearing.

Rod Pedersen said...

I'm all for the faux hawk. If I had enough hair, I'd do it

Anonymous said...

I did a Google image search to see. The most popular form of faux hawk today looks like the person forgot how to use a brush or comb. The baby faux hawks look cute, though. :)

Bev

Anonymous said...

Switching gears for a second Pete; do you still write articles for the CHL insider? I miss your insightful candor on the Pats because you are one of the most knowledgeable people in the Jr hockey scene in these parts. Although truth isn't something people always want to hear. It is a bit of a telling commentary when a 16 yr old is your best player. Weal is couple of good games away from being the scoring leader. I hope the Pats players look after the Jordans because i see a lot of crap being laid on them. As for the lesson learned from Calgary well obvious"none". The defense on this team is real bad and there is no other decription. No stars in that group of d-men. Maybe they should look at Dort. At least I hear he is tough.

Pac58 said...

Well, I suppose I could give the faux hawk thing a little more thought. Might be a bit too radical for my current workplace though.

And no, I'm not writing for the CHL insider this season. Looks like the Pats content consists solely of Leader-Post stories.