Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday musings

Time to get back to a semi-regular posting schedule around here:

  • What an exciting (and maybe a little bit lucky) win for the Riders over Montreal Saturday night!
  • The Riders have simply owned the 4th quarter against their opponents in the four games this year - a tip of the hat should probably go to strength and conditioning coach Joe Womack.
  • Marcus Crandell gets the start at quarterback against Kerry Joseph and the Argos Sunday. Personally, I think Darian Durant deserves to keep playing, but I do respect coach Ken Miller's loyalty to an injured starter.
  • Are any local high school or university football players interested in helping coach a minor (age 9-11) football team, even on a part-time basis? Let me know!
  • Does anybody know a good (ie: affordable, competent and honest) general contractor or handyman? My guy moved to Alberta last year, and I'm looking for a new "go to" guy - or gal!
  • I imagine the Pats will name their new head coach this week or next. I have no idea which candidate Brent Parker favours, but I suppose Marc Habscheid is the top choice of most fans.
  • Lots of football discussion, including two high profile guests, on this week's edition of SportZone on Access 7. Don't miss it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete! - Are the Riders that good or have they been blessed with a little outhouse luck? I see the results which are perfect to this point. Yet we have not looked dominating in any game so far. I get the feeling we could go on a two or three game skid. Hope I'm wrong.

The Pats are likely going to make a decision this week and it seems to still be up in the air. I see that RV from the LP sort of gave Habscheid the nod, but it was far from a glowing endorsement. I sense he still favours Derkatch. I know you have expressed some support for Perkins in the past as have others. Mercier had some support but evidently withdrew.

There is never really a right choice or a wrong choice...just a choice! Most of the people I have talked clearly favour Habscheid because of his resume and winning ability at the WHL level. The question is whether or not Parker feels the same way? I would be very happy if it was Habscheid, happy if it was Perkins but very unhappy if it were Derkatch. I guess we will know shortly how this plays out.

OF