- The Pittsburgh Penguins won't run the table, but they do look very, very good right now.
- I hope the Montreal Canadians and Philadelphia Flyers beat the living hell out of each other. Preferably with no survivors.
- It looks as though Jacob's little league team will struggle in the early going. Not having any pitching or hitting will do that to a club.
- Here's hoping Regina's Teale Orban (U of R) and Paul Woldu (U of S) both hear their names called during this week's CFL draft. I'm hearing Woldu could go in the top 15.
- Moose Jaw's Dylan Barker, a safety with the U of S, is the consensus #1 pick.
- There's no consenus #1 for the WHL bantam draft, but I'm told the majority of prospects are from Alberta this year.
- Roger Clemens hooked up with country singer Mindy McCready when she was 15 years old. It looks like Clemens misunderstood the meaning behind the Cy YOUNG award.
- The Riders open the CFL season at home to Edmonton two months from today.
- My contract with the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation expires one month from today. Job offers, anyone?
- Somebody in the U.S. stumbled across this site by Googling the words "cooking rats". I'm gonna go be sick now.
Monday, April 28, 2008
A little from column A, a little from column B: