Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Karma's a bee-otch

I don't know why, but I've got this nagging feeling that Sunday's CFL Western final will be decided by a familiar foe. I can't shake the feeling that the game will come down to a field goal attempt by Lions (formerly Riders) placekicker Paul McCallum.

And we all know how it turned out the last time McCallum attemped a game-winning boot in a west final at B.C. Place. That would be the infamous 18-yard miss that helped propel the Lions past the Riders into the 2004 Grey Cup. More recently, McCallum's failed attempt at a punt single in overtime helped the Riders knock off the Leos 23-20 on September 24th at Mosaic Stadium.

Of course, in both cases, that was then and this is now. Just some food for thought, I suppose. But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the outcome of the game comes down to the right foot of Mr. McCallum. Here's hoping karma prefers green.

No comments: