Monday, October 30, 2006

A little perspective

Do yourself a favour. Read this. Then ask yourself why we care so much about the outcome of games. The Ryan family has its priorities straight. We could all learn a lesson.

I have come to know Jon and Steve Ryan through the SportZone program I host on Access. Two finer young men you will not meet. And, after meeting their parents Bob and Barb I can safely surmise the apples don't fall far from the tree in that family.

I can relate to the unfortunate circumstances the Ryan family is dealing with. I only hope to deal with my situation with half as much class, faith and love as these folks.

A BIG thumbs up to Jim Hopson and Paul Hill for their efforts on behalf of the Ryans this past weekend. Nicely done, gentlemen. And, a tip of the hat to Rob Vanstone for reporting the story in a thoughtful and compassionate manner. I think I'll call my mom tonight...

No comments: