Monday, October 09, 2006

Can't always get what you want

I refuse to let the Saskatchewan Roughriders latest bed-soiling episode spoil an otherwise excellent weekend. In case you missed it, the Riders looked flatter than my grade six girlfriend in Montreal Monday, losing 35-8. A late touchdown flattered the visitors, who were outclassed in every aspect of the game. And for those of you hoping this latest implosion leads to a coaching change; sorry. No way Eric Tillman sends Danny Barrett packing with only four days between games.

Thankfully, the Regina Pats brought me out of my Rider-induced funk by blanking the P.A. Raiders 2-0 Monday afternoon. Jacob's favourite Pat Nick Ross scored the game-winner, and Linden Rowat staked another claim to the #1 goaltender's job by posting the shutout.

And then there was Sunday night. After a succulent Thanksgiving feast in Moose Jaw, I joined 45,000 of my closest friends for the Rolling Stones concert at Mosaic Stadium. Wow. Quite simply, wow. Yes, I know the Stones are ancient. Yes, I know they haven't released a great album in many, many years. But you know what? It was still a fantastic show. It's just too bad some people spent so much money on their tickets that they had to cut costs by passing their cigarettes around while at the show. Funny smelling cigarettes too. Must have been imported.:)

No comments: