Friday, October 06, 2006

Gimme Shelter!

It's gonna be a wild and wacky weekend in the Queen City. The first of two massive Rolling Stones concerts is tonight at Mosaic Stadium. 45,000 people watching a gaggle of grandfathers strut their stuff. Imagine. I'll be at the Sunday night show. I always hoped I'd get the opportunity to see the Stones in concert. But in Regina? Didn't think it was possible. This is gonna be an experience. I'm prepping myself by listening to their 40 Licks greatest hits package from a few years back.

On Monday morning, I'll settle down in front of the big screen to watch the Riders and Alouettes from Montreal. Lord only knows which version of the Green Gang will suit up for this one, or how the Als will respond to the departure of Head Coach Don Matthews this week. At least we know Kerry Joseph will be taking snaps for the Riders. How effective he'll be with a (still) injured right knee remains to be seen.

Then, once the Rider game wraps up it's time to dash over to the Brandt Centre for the Pats and P.A. Raiders. I'm hosting the CKRM post-game show on my own for that one. Tune in if you dare! I'm a little nervous, truth be told. But, hopefully the Pats win big and I can lob lots of softball questions at the guests. They tend to like that.

So, buckle up your chinstraps and put on the foil - it's gonna a wild ride this weekend. And I'm liking it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And people in Toronto say there's nothing to do in Regina!

Pac58 said...

I have relatives in Toronto, who honestly believe the sun rises and falls on their glistening metropolis. And of course they believe Regina is a boring backwater town. Let's let them keep thinking that - keeps their visits to a minimum!