Thursday, August 03, 2006

Frequent flyer

I'm off to see my Mom in London again next week. She's pretty freaked out about starting chemo (response: who the hell wouldn't be?), so I'll do what I can to brighten her spirits. Much easier if Jacob was tagging along, but I'm flying solo on this trip.

In the meantime, the Riders will hopefully be revelling in their first two-game winning streak of the year, and gearing up for their first head-to-head battle with the defending Grey Cup champs in Edmonton. Hopefully I'll be able to watch that game somewhere (TSN isn't on my mom's cable package with Rogers. What the hell?).

And, with any luck the Regina Red Sox will have knocked off Swift Current on their way to the WMBL championship. I sure hope so, so I can actually get to a game this year! In the meantime, pack the park Sunday and Monday night people, and cheer on our Sox!

No comments: