Thursday, June 15, 2006

Big sports weekend looming

So the Oilers wandered into Raleigh last night and staved off elimination, thanks to the overtime heroics of Fernando Pisani. Good on them! I'm still not jumping on the bandwagon, but I am looking forward to game six Saturday night - Rexall Place should be a madhouse.

I don't know if BC Place will be a madhouse tomorrow night, but everyone around here is sure looking forward to the season-opening tilt between the Riders and Lions. Gotta remember to get my HDTV package from Access, so I can watch the festivities in high def.

And then there's Jacob's baseball - a game tomorrow night, another on Saturday morning, and a season wrap-up ceremony of some sort Sunday morning. I guess the folks at North Regina Little League assume families have nothing else to do. Oh well, doesn't matter - we'll be there with bells on!

So what's with the President of Hockey Regina not returning phone calls? Does Mr. Cairns not see any value in free airtime? Hmm - wonder if that stalwart leadership has any relation to declining registrations? Just wondering...

No comments: