Saturday, June 03, 2006

And so it begins...

Anyone going to the Rider game this afternoon? The Jakester and I will be there - utilizing our season tickets in section 26. Hope the thunderstorms hold off!

Have to admit, I'm not overly pumped about this one. The first exhibition game of the year tends to be a major clusterf&$k, at least from the perspective of gauging how the respective teams might do that season. This one is more about evaluating individual players in game situations. And with the Riders sitting out Dominguez, Keith, French, Schultz et al - and with the Eskimos bringing a depleted roster - I'm not expecting much.

Still, it's football. At Taylor Field. With my kid. I'll take it.

Speaking of the Jakester, a 2-2 performance at the plate in a rare White Sox victory this morning. I'll take that too.

No comments: