- Only the Chicago Bears could be stupid enough to talk smack in advance of a game in Green Bay, a place they never win.
- Mind you, I sort of enjoyed watching Packers linebacker/rush end Clay Matthews make Bears quarterback Jay Cutler his beeotch for four quarters. Keep chirping, Cutler!
- If Drew Willy leads the Saskatchewan Roughriders to a win in Montreal on Sunday, he could run for mayor of Regina. And win.
- I still think Darian Durant is the Riders' best option at quarterback. But at least he's no longer the only option.
- Speaking of the race for the mayor's chair in Regina...nah, too easy.
- The one major downside to the emergence of the internet and social media is that every disenfranchised and bitter geek can now have a forum from which to spew their nonsense.
- Crap, I hope that's not the pot calling the kettle black!
- The RMF Unicorns look to improve our record to 4-0 as we travel to Weyburn tomorrow afternoon. If we pull off the win, we meet Jeff Stusek's Golden Hawks next in a battle of unbeaten teams.
- Let's assume the Saskatoon Blades are the team to beat in the WHL's east division this year. Do the Pats finish second? I think they have a realistic shot.
- I'm going to be very interested to see Morgan Klimchuk perform for the Pats this year, coming off a promising rookie season. I think he's the real deal.
- Another season of Locker Talk on Access 7 is underway. If you've missed this week's episode, check it out through Access' On Demand service. Let's just say that co-host Mitchell Blair and I survived a very hostile takeover attempt!
- We introduce our monthly fitness segment on next week's show. Our resident fitness guru Trevor Folgering will give you some great advice on how to get lean and mean!
- Trevor has me working out with one of his trainers and eating things that aren't baked in cheese. And yet, I seem to enjoy it!
Friday, September 14, 2012
Idle thoughts from a semi-regular blogger (meaning I post semi-regularly, as opposed to me being...well, you know):