- Don't look now, but the two hottest teams in the CFL's west division go head-to-head Saturday at Mosaic Stadium.
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders will look to run their winning streak to four games, while ending the B.C. Lions' four-game string of success.
- Both teams are capable of putting points on the board, but it'll be interesting to see how the Rider offense matches up against the Leos resurgent defense.
- Speaking of winning streaks, the RMF Unicorns' lost for the first time in three games yesterday.
- We'll try to get back on the winning track against the Razorbacks next week.
- Thumbs up to the atom division Gators and Badgers, who entertained the fans during halftime of the Rider game on Saturday. Coaches Stusek and Probe (ably assisted by the always stylish Gary "Chop" Bresch) have a couple of good-looking teams.
- Two games, and two wins for the Green Bay Packers. So far, so good.
- Carolina Panthers rookie Cam Newton has passed for over 400 yards in his first two professional starts.
- So much for the theory that he wasn't going to amount to much in the NFL!
- By all accounts, the Regina Pats have played some entertaining hockey during the WHL preseason. Let's hope it translates into an exciting winter for the fans.
- Is a playoff spot too much to expect for the rebuilding Pats and their new coaching staff? I would suggest not.
- From the world of junior B hockey, the Regina Capitals quietly (but effectively) cleaned house in the off season. That's what happens when a first place club bows out in the first round of the playoffs, apparently.
- The forecast is calling for a few more days of convertible weather this week. Bring it on!
- Looking for a killer workout? Try the UFC training "game" for the Xbox Kinect. Ouch.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Just another manic Monday (whoa, whoa)...