Tuesday, February 17, 2009

(Day after) Monday musings

Four day weekends are good. Playing catch-up the first day back is not as good:

  • So the Riders lost a few free agents. Big whoop.
  • The "sky is falling" attitude of many Rider fans is quite simply ridiculous.
  • Turnover is the only constant in the salary cap world. Get used to it.
  • Now, if you want to wring your hands about a team - lets talk about the Pats.
  • Actually, let's not. Their performance doesn't deserve it.
  • Okay, but just for a second. The Pats as a group play with no heart - no commitment to the logo on the front of their jerseys.
  • There are exceptions to that rule. Just not enough of them.
  • I only beat my boy by six strokes in miniature golf yesterday. Either I'm really bad (5 over par), or he's closing the gap faster than I'm comfortable with.
  • I start my new job in six days. I'll miss this place, but I'm also looking forward to a new opportunity.
  • The only U of R teams still in the hunt for national titles are the men's and women's basketball squads, and men's hockey. Women's basketball has the best shot.
  • So, has everyone heard Mitchell Blair's replacement on CJME? Anyone else creeped out by how much this guy sounds like Wray Morrison? Is Rawlco into human cloning?
  • I would like to drive a Cadillac CTS. Please give one to me.
  • Pretty please?

No comments: