Sunday, September 21, 2008

Embarrasing performance

No, I'm not talking about the Saskatchewan Roughriders, who lost 27-21 to the B.C. Lions tonight. I'm talking about the idiots masquerading as fans at Mosaic Stadium.

How impressive to have to listen to leather-lunged mouth-breathers shout out pointless drivel during the moment of silence for Ron Lancaster. Yeah, that was a real valuable contribution. Thanks.

I'd also like to thank the white trash teenagers who sat in front of my 9 year old son and I tonight. Thanks for getting up every two minutes for more beer. The folks trying to watch the game behind you in section 26 sure appreciated having to watch your drunken butts stumble down the aisle. But hey, at least you managed to impress my son - and the other young fans nearby - with your awe-inspiring and versatile use of f-bombs every few seconds. Here's a thought; maybe you should go racing up and down McCarthy Boulevard tonight.

And then, let's make sure to thank the multitude of MENSA members who reacted to Dante Marsh's classless decision to fire a ball into section 26 by hurling full beer cans onto the playing surface. I appreciate having to cover my kid's head, in case one of you limp-wristed dolts managed to hit him with your can of liquid courage.

I'm not proud to be a Rider fan tonight. Not a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya..wouldn't Ronnie have been proud?? To have his good name associated with a hand full of crud like that is so wrong. Shame on them and their parents for spawning such garbage.

Anonymous said...

Pete,

30 years ago a bunch of idiots booed Ronnie off the field. Well they probably had kids, and guess what? Those kids now attend Rider games carrying on the tradition. Let me tell you something. There is no secret that Ronnie only came back to Regina because A) The Eskimos or Tiger Cats were playing or B) His daughter still lives here. If those 2 things did not factor in he'd avoid this town like a public bathroom in downtown Tiajauna. I've made the mistake of taking my son to those late start games for the same reason, and I said never again.

Devin

Pac58 said...

I'm starting to think that might not be a bad plan.