Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I've got mine

I just bought two tickets for the long-awaited CFL playoff game at Mosaic Stadium next month. There's still an outside chance the Riders will host the West final on the 18th, but most likely it will be the West semi-final on the 11th. Either way, the Jakester and I will be there, in our usual seats in section 26, for the first home playoff game for the Riders since 1988.

And, considering the tickets just went on sale today for season ticket/flex pack holders, it wasn't too difficult to get through. Sure, I had to hit redial a few times, but it was well worth it. And the gal that took my order used to date an old roommate of mine. Small world, or what?

Funny story about the playoff game. This is the second year I've had season tickets with my son, who was born in 1999. He asked me a few weeks ago if the Riders were guaranteed to host a playoff game this year. No guarantee yet, I said - but it's looking good. His response? "I sure hope so dad. I've been waiting eight years for this!" Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pete - It's likely going to be a semi-final game in Regina, barring a miracle. It is going to be one hell of an event providing we win, and I think we can. If we can get to BC on the 18th, I believe hiding behind his false bravado is on crap scared Buono. They lucked out the last win and they know it. They might not be as lucky next time!!

It appears the Pats couldn't land a big fish 20 yr old. Either they suspect they will get Stoez back or wait until the trade dealine, see where they are, and maybe get something at that time. I wonder if Farmanara might be a help. The guy had 18 goals and about 50 points last year and has a couple of goals already this year. I didn't think he was on the radar screen until they got Wuchterl from the Giants. I think Farmanara could be a sleeper but they say he may be going to the BC Junior League. You got any scoop on the thought process in Patland?