Friday, October 12, 2007

How to cram it all in?

Another action-packed weekend on the local sports scene. I was going to take the Jakester to the Pats game tonight, but we have to be at the rink at 7:30 tomorrow morning for the second round of his evaluation for Hockey Regina. Kind of an involved process for novice rec hockey, don't ya think? Anyway, I might as well get used to early weekend mornings if I'm gonna cut it as a hockey dad!

Tomorrow afternoon the Paczko boys hit the Rams game at Mosaic Stadium. With any luck I'll be able to round up a couple of post-game interviews for use on SportZone this week. That's the plan, anyway. Due to the early start to the day, we'll probably take a pass on the Pats game tomorrow night as well.

And of course, Sunday morning we return from church to watch the Riders and Ti-Cats from Hamilton. A win, coupled with a Calgary loss to Winnipeg later in the day, clinches a home playoff date for the green guys. Let the celebration begin!

And at some point this weekend I have to write a paper for my university class. Oh well, at least I can't complain about boredom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man - I can not believe how bad or inconsistent the officiating in the CFL can be. Proulx's crew screwed us again, fortunately we won. Boy he is bad!

I love the Pats dearly but man oh man I don't like what I am seeing. They have given up as many goals as they have scored 31/31. The goal production is too low and the against is far too high. They have already lost 4 games wheras the other contenders have only lost two. Only the raiders have more losses than them. They are again below .500 on the road. They were not impressive in the two wins on the weekend scoring 3 goals. They got got kicked in Saskatoon last weekend and again in MJ last night, giving up 11 goals in those two games. In order to have an opportunistic team you have to get opportunities. They may be 7 and 4 but they are not playing well. If they can't beat Red Deer, or Saskatoon and Moose Jaw in 3 in 3 nights, they are not championship material. They didn't win battles all weekend. They don't have a leader on this team. I am extremely unimpressed in Hunt's 1 forechecker, trap system. This team should be able to run off 8 or 9 wins in a row with the talent that they are SUPPOSED to have! This team is really going to have to pick it up particularly on the road. Like I have said before they are just one bad weekend away from being a .500 team.