Thursday, March 22, 2007

On the eve of the "second season"

The Regina Pats and Swift Current Broncos open their WHL first-round playoff series tomorrow night at the Brandt Centre. The Pats have done very well against the Broncos this season, winning 6 of 8 meetings. Now, take that stat - crumple it up - and toss it directly in the garbage!

It's a whole new season, one the Pats have been building for since retooling their lineup in December and January. The Broncos have also been solid of late, winning 7 of their last 10 to close the regular season. This should be a war of attrition, and will probably take six or seven games to settle. Heck, even the radio play-by-play guys are getting into it - launching bombs at one another in the blogosphere this week. And I get to sit between them in the pressbox. Perfect.

Now, we just need to get the fans on board. At last count, fewer than 4,000 tickets have been sold for tomorrow night's lid-lifter. That's just not good enough! C'mon folks, it's time to support your team. Even the Speedy Creek fans are welcome - we'll take your money too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete,
Send me an email at drewhaub@hotmail.com so I can send you my fantasy baseball information...

I want to kick your a$$ again this year!

Drew

Pac58 said...

Okay, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with you spending time thinking about my a$$!