Sunday, December 10, 2006

There's a reason they call it "Crappy" Tire

Canadian Tire sucks. I've known this for a long time but, being a glutton for punishment, I like to remind myself of that fact by stumbling into a Crappy Tire location for an occasional frustrating shopping experience. Here's what I've learned: Canadian Tire is useless unless you know exactly what you're looking for, and can find that item without any help from the "staff". Otherwise, you're screwed.

As an example, Jacob and I found ourselves in north Regina yesterday afternoon with a little time to kill before his soccer practise. So, we wandered into the north Albert Canadian Tire, looking for a programmable thermostat. Seems simple enough, no? NO!

After wandering around the store, I was able to locate Crappy Tire's selection of thermostats. I found one that would suit my purposes, for only $39.99. End of story, right? Uh, no. First, said thermostats were in a locked display case. Apparently there's a lot of thermostat thievery going on these days. No problem, I'll just ask one of CT's dynamic and enthusiastic staff members for a little help. Oh-oh, apparently said staff member can't help - he doesn't have a key for the display case. He did, however direct us to the hardware counter - only a short 300 metre jaunt across the store. Upon arrival, the young thing taking up space at the counter informed me that she too did not have a key. However, she advised me to retrace my steps, and press the service button located near the display case. She guaranteed that upon pressing that button, all my retail dreams would come true - and the mystical key would magically appear!

Oh, such excitement as Jacob and I trundled back to the thermostat shrine! Okay, now I'll just press...........uh, there doesn't appear to be a button anywhere near the display case. That's okay, little Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (LSD) assured me that if the button wasn't adjacent to the case, it could be located at the end of the aisle. Or.........not. At this point, our excellent Crappy Tire shopping adventure ended.

After practise, Jacob and I drove to Walmart and bought a thermostat for $29.99. Sucks to be you, Crappy Tire!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your experience at CdnTire may have been crappy but not as bad as the Pats on the road.AGAIN!!!!!

The troops had a week off after the west swing, played three in three, had another week off and played three in three. The get outscored 19-10, lose three, drop 4 games below .500. The last two nites Parker has come on to say the team played better than the results. Please I know you own the team and have to be a cheerleader but lets get real! Mainly the goaltending is letting them down. They did score 5 on the road tonite. That should win you a road game, but not when you give up 8. They simply have to start implementing a tighter defensive system.

They can't be .500 by the Christmas break. The best they can be is 2 games below and that requires them to beat Brandon two nites in a row..good luck.

They can turn this around somewhat but they are going to have to get some consistent leadership from the 20 yr olds, much better tending, and perhaps a couple more moves. The sorely lack a veteran stud defenseman or two. They will eventually be getting Brownlee and Snellman back. By bringing in 4 forwards for 3, having Hulack back and two injured roster players set to come back at some point, there will be far more bodies than spots. I think something else has is going to happen on the trade front.

The most important thing that has to happen is that the guys are going to have to start wearing the uniform with some PRIDE......

Pac58 said...

I'll be interested to see how they play once the new guys have a few practises under their belts, to adjust to the Pats systems (a cynic would say "what systems?"). Mind you, giving up 8 goals is nothing to be proud of, regardless of how many changes have been made to the lineup.

Colton Tuebert will eventually be that stud defenceman. But it won't be this year. Maybe not even next year. So, in the meantime...

Anonymous said...

And here is what happened to me with crappytire (Canadian tire):

I bought an electric bike at Canadian tire and was totally unhappy so I went to return the product after two days.
They refused, first the girl that works at the counter looked at a book and said that this is non returnable - when I asked her why it's not on my receipt or why I wan not informed before buying it she said "our return policy is none of the customer business"
I spoke to the manager and got a negative answer.
The next day I spoke with the owner who called me a layer and that her employee told me its non returnable.
This product is available to purchase on line with no note what so ever about no return so what if I would buy it on line what excuse they use then?
Also the owner said that on the receipt there is a condition "some restrictions apply" - well that mean that they can get out of any warranty or return for any product.
Beware of this shit tire and DONT ever buy from them.
I'm going to court with this guys and a picture I took from the store saying "we stand behind what we sell & easy returns save your receipt"
This is the worst service I found in Canada and suite 3rd world countries and not the 2nd large chain here.

Anonymous said...

i went to crappy tire for a simple
oil change that i though anyone could do? right turns out the idiot
there drained instead my transmission oil and filled it with
engine oil instead after the manager of the place comes to me
and oopps! we did this and that sorry well take care of it so i waited around some more than he comes and says we dont have the right fluid in stock for your transmission my car mazda 626 then he says were gonna be closing up soon and offered me a ride home i
said i need a car to go to work tomorow he sayed will pick-you up
tommorow i ok i said 600am at first
he was hesitant but insisted someone would be there next morning
came no one showed up! i lost a day of work and when i called him
to let him know he said oh the fella over snoozed Pissed off and
angry at not only my self for taking my car there and knowing that i should of done the oil change on it myself so that none of this crap would happen to me in
the first place the manager did not
seem to care much about my hole situation and never offered to give any apolagy after all this that happened to me i was mad and never going back there again put a complaint with bbb THANKS A LOT CRAPPY TIRE for your well trained expertise staff and well managed franchise!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar. My barber went in to Crappy for an oil change and apparently they forgot to refill the car. He left town for a family vacation got a few miles out of town and yup the motor blew. Crappy would not spring for the fix. The owner here has 5 Porsche's and a GT 40. Wonder how he's got so much? Didn't think so...