- The Saskatchewan Roughriders are the greatest 2-0 team in the history of the CFL!
- I know it's been a lean couple of years in these parts, but people really need to cool it on the hyperbole. Yes, the Riders look good. But remember, the CFL season is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Remember, the B.C. Lions were 0-5 a couple of years ago before rebounding to take the Grey Cup.
- Having said (typed) that, the Riders do look good. The defense shut down Calgary in the second half Friday night, and the offense is starting to fire on all cylinders.
- Remember a couple of years ago when the Riders couldn't close out games in the 4th quarter? Now they can, thanks to a rebuilt offensive line and a workhorse running back in Kory Sheets.
- If Sheets continues his torrid pace, does he get a look in the NFL in the offseason? Possibly, but I wouldn't bet on an NFL team wanting to take a chance on a running back who turns 29 in the off-season. There are lots of younger and likely cheaper options down south.
- I'm not saying Sheets doesn't have the ability to play in "the show", I just think time may not be on his side. Which, quite frankly, is great news for the Riders!
- I can see why Saskatchewan Drive at Albert Street is considered Regina's most dangerous intersection. I was very nearly t-boned by a woman in a black Ford Escape who blew through a red light at 10 am on Saturday morning. Scary stuff!
- Jay Livingston must not be having the most enjoyable summer so far. The first-year skipper of the Regina Red Sox is seeing his team's dream of a third straight Western Major Baseball League championship fading quickly.
- Mind you, the Sox are only 2.5 games off the pace in their division, so it's certainly not a lost cause! If the bats can get hot, and stay that way, a playoff berth is still within reach.
- Anderson Silva, what the hell were you thinking? The former UFC middleweight champ ran into karma - and a stiff left hand from challenger Chris Weidman - while prancing and preening around the octagon Saturday night. And that, boys and girls, is why Silva is now the former champ!
Monday, July 08, 2013
If I clear these thoughts out my head, maybe new ones will move in? Dare to dream!