Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday musings

A little of this, a pinch of that:

  • I see the New York Jets' new quarterback led his team to victory on the weekend. For the life of me I can't remember his name.
  • I also see the Packers soiled the sheets in their preseason opener. I hope this doesn't mark the beginning of a trend.
  • Hey RMF, thanks so much for scheduling our season opener at the same time as a Rider game. At least it's not a home game, I suppose.
  • The Atom Cougars are starting to come together. We'll see how we do in practice without our guest coach from now on. Yikes!
  • A big thumbs-up to Calvin at Krazy Kiley's for solving my car stereo snafu on Saturday.
  • Madden '09 definitely gets the seal of approval from both Paczko men.
  • I want to play tennis. Please help me find some time!
  • A federal Liberal candidate resigns, and now faces censure from the Law Society of Saskatchewan. Pretty much sums up the fortunes of that party in Saskatchewan these days.
  • The provincial Liberal party has a new leader. And the band plays on.
  • I can't get excited about the Summer Olympics. Ever since Ben Johnson broke our hearts I've had a hard time getting worked up about the Summer Games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read Bartley might not return, opting for the ECHL. Boy, that will make that trade look real bad for Parker if things work out that way. You would think he would have had a committment long before this.