Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tears of joy in Rider Nation

I just finished watching the Saskatchewan Roughriders win the Grey Cup, with my only child at my side. That's a memory I'll keep with me always.

The Riders are the 2007 Grey Cup champs, thanks to a 23-19 win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and especially the spaghetti arm of Bombers quarterback Ryan Dinwiddie. Saskatchewan defensive back James Johnson was named MVP of the Grey Cup. JJ picked off three Dinwiddie passes, and returned one for a touchdown.

Super sophomore Andy Fantuz was named the game's outstanding Canadian. Speaking of which, I've gotta go check on whether a certain 8-year old Fantuz fan (he's getting a #83 retro jersey for Christmas, but mum's the word!) is asleep yet. And if he's not, can I really blame him?

Go paint the town (whichever one you're in) green, Rider Nation. You deserve it!

No comments: