Sunday, July 02, 2006

Toto, we're definitely not in Kansas anymore

After a couple days here, I can safely surmise that London, Ontario and Regina differ in a few areas, not unlike Cain and Abel. In between visits to my Mom in the Elmwood Nursing Home (our motto: Crazies Welcome!), Jacob and I have been checking out a few sites.

1) This daylight savings time thing seems to be functioning reasonably smoothly. People don't seem to mind a little extra daylight at the end of a summer day. Go figure.
2) World Cup fever - you can definitely tell (thanks to the large Italian and Portugese communities) that the World Cup is on when you travel around in this city. In Regina? Not so much. Soccer is a very, very big deal in this part of the country.
3) Canada Day - Jacob and I checked out the fireworks last night with my friend Mario, his wife Amy and their kids Ben and Ali. It was one of three big shows around town last night. Are people in this part of the country more patriotic than out West? I'm beginning to wonder.
4) Traffic, humidity and cost of living - gotta give Regina the edge on those scores.

More updates to follow this week.

No comments: