Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Follies

Just a random assortment of thoughts, rattling around in the old noggin:

  • I've done a lot of things in my broadcasting career. Been a lot of places, seen a lot of things. Tonight, it's something brand new as I man the announce booth for High Impact Wrestling on Access 7.  My Locker Talk cohort Mitchell Blair will join me on the headsets - but not tonight, as he has a previous engagement. This should be fun. Oh, the debauchery!
  • It's Pack the Dome night at the Brandt Centre (formerly Agridome) as the Regina Pats host the Kootenay Ice. The game will be broadcast live on Rogers Sportsnet, and here's hoping the hockey fans of Regina and area turn out in droves.
  • With a little bit of consistency in their play, and especially between the pipes, I think the Pats might be able to go at least two rounds into the WHL playoffs this spring. Wouldn't that be fun?
  • I'm sorry, I honestly can't see Weston Dressler cracking an NFL roster. I think he'll be back in Rider green, although possibly not until later in the season. And I also sincerely - for his sake - hope I'm wrong on both counts!
  • Don't tell Mitchell Blair, but I'm probably going to be cheering for his Seattle Seahawks this weekend in the NFC final. Yes, I hate the San Francisco 49ers that much!
  • The AFC final features two future Hall of Fame quarterbacks in New England's Tom Brady and Denver's Peyton Manning. So of course it'll probably end up as a 10-7 final!
  • Seattle vs either New England or Denver would make for a pretty darn entertaining Super Bowl match-up. It may even rival the commercials for entertainment value!
  • 2014 is starting out with a move up the corporate ladder for yours truly. The news is still very fresh, so I'm going to have to keep the details close to the vest for the time being.
  • 2014 is absolutely kicking the crap out of 2013 so far. I certainly hope that continues!

No comments: