Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday thoughts

Some good, some bad, but all 100% original thoughts:

  • I'd like to thank the folks at Capital Ford for charging me ONLY $325 to replace a heater hose on my vehicle! Yes, I literally got hosed.
  • Now that my warranty is up, can anyone recommend a good mechanic? Ideally one that will shuttle me back and forth from work, please.
  • Oh, did I mention I had to go back twice afterwards to get them to fix little problems with their own repair job? Yeah, it's been a fine week.
  • However, that's nothing compared to the news I got today. It's with a heavy heart that I think of Dave Lymburner, an old radio pal from my time in Saskatoon.
  • Dave has a wife and two boys, and is into the final hours of his 5-month battle with cancer.
  • Yes folks, it can always be worse. I'll miss ya Dave - keep the change, kid!
  • Suffice to say Jacob gets extra hugs at bedtime tonight.
  • I'm looking forward to a return to Krav Maga training tomorrow. Hitting something might be just what my frame of mind needs right now.
  • Snow flurries on May 8th. You have got to be kidding me!
  • Did you get your mom something for Mother's Day yet? I almost forgot, and had to place a frantic call to my "go-to" florist in London this afternoon.
  • It's true what they say, the mind is the first thing to go.
  • I've also heard that the mind is the first thing to go.
  • Riders vs Argos July 11 at Rogers Centre. See you there?

No comments: