Saturday, October 21, 2006

Off to a good start

The weekend is rolling along pretty nicely so far. The Riders turned in a tremendous defensive effort last night in knocking off the Toronto Argos 13-9. Rookie sensation Andy Fantuz scored the only touchdown of the game, but failed miserably in mugging for the TSN cameras afterwards. Seriously dude, stick with "Hi, Mom". Heck of a player, though.

The only drawback was the 2.5 hour (!) wait for sustenance from Houston Pizza. Two and a half hours for a pizza?!?!?! Fortunately, the folks at HP knocked 50% off the price, and threw in some free salad. And let's face it, the boys and I aren't in danger of fading away to nothing any time soon, so we managed to survive the wait.

Then, after the game Yoda and I took in a movie at the Rainbow Cinemas. All in all, time well spent.

Tonight, I'll try to do my best Harry Neale (or Cassie Campbell?) imitation as I join Rod Pedersen in the booth to provide colour commentary for the Pats and Lethbridge Hurricanes at the Brandt Centre. I'll try to keep the outrageous comments to a minimum.

No comments: