- Chicago Blackhawks. The Pac's Rats sentimental favourite NHL team (once the Leafs are eliminated, of course) survived a near-death experience to knock off the Detroit Red Wings in a western conference semi-final.
- CFL training camps open this weekend. Need I say more?
- Regina media. For collectively displaying sound journalistic judgement in not reporting on the latest attention-seeking ploy from a very disturbed failed politician. Those 15 minutes were up a long time ago!
- The cesspool that Canadian politics has become. Senate scandals, bizarre antics from the Mayor of Canada's largest city, the federal Liberals led by the Boy Blunder, the list goes on and on. Does no one of integrity or above average intelligence run for political office anymore?
- Boston Bruins. If the Beantown boys win the Stanley Cup, the Leafs choke job in game seven of their first round series against Boston will sting even more than it did at the time. If that's even possible.
- It's not city hall's fault, necessarily - but between the garbage strewn about, the sand and dust everywhere and the crater-sized potholes, the streets of Regina more closely resemble downtown Beirut these days. It's not exactly the most appealing sight for visitors or potential residents/investors.