- Can the Riders snap their five game losing skid at home against Winnipeg in the Labour Day Classic? Yes. Will they? I think so.
- Moving Shomari Williams from middle linebacker was a definite step in the right direction. That experiment was a colossal failure. Here's hoping #99 finds his niche as an outside linebacker.
- For all the people hoping fired Bomber head coach Paul LaPolice will come back to Saskatchewan to reprise his role as offensive coordinator, sorry - not gonna happen. At least not this year.
- The start of the NFL season is just days away. I know my Packers won't roll through the season with a 15-1 record again, but I'll take a few more losses during the season if it means a few more wins in the playoffs!
- The CIS football season gets underway this weekend. The Rams face a stiff test against the defending conference champion Calgary Dinos. Man, has Blake Nill done an amazing job turning that program around!
- Speaking of turnarounds, the RMF Unicorns, who limped through an 0-9 season two years ago, then improved to 5-4 under our tutelage last year, will try to improve their record to 2-0 Tuesday night against the South Griffins. Should be a dandy!
- All the northeast Regina teams are doing well this year. The atom Cougars are 2-0, and the bantam Dinos are also undefeated. All three teams have won rather handily, in fact. Nice to see, after a few less than stellar years for the NE teams.
- Apparently Clint Eastwood is almost as bad at ad libbing as Mitch Blair. I keed! Clint's performance at the Republican National Convention wasn't that bad...
- Now that the first shot has been fired at my co-host, I should let you know that the new season of Locker Talk on Access 7 will premiere the week of September 10th.
- When we signed off last season, there was an "incident" involving a couple of goons from the High Impact Wrestling locker room. Tune in to see how that played out!
- Speaking of Locker Talk, our sports movie reviewer Carlo Palazzo marries his long-suffering soulmate Rhea Paska tomorrow in an outdoor ceremony. Congrats, you guys!
- I've assured the happy couple-to-be I won't dig into my repertoire of inappropriate jokes to help fulfill my emcee duties. I lied. :)
Friday, August 31, 2012
It's been awfully busy in the land of Pac lately, so apologies for not posting for such a long time. Assuming anyone noticed or cared, of course!